Friday, October 28, 2011

Yummy Yummy

1015 Irving St
San Francisco, CA 94122

Occasion: Another Tran family affair. Party of 13. 10.14.11

 Beef Carpaccio
One of my favorite appetizers to get at a Vietnamese restaurant.  I love the combination of flavors that the  raw meat, chopped peanuts, basil, onions and the sweet fish sauce bring together.  It's sweet and tangy deliciousness that's perfect for an appetizer.
 
Beef Pho
I got to have a taste of this because I wanted to.  I wasn't in the mood to eat a whole bowl of pho, especially BEEF.  I couple sips of soup and some noodles and that was satisfying enough for me.
Banh Cuon
It's light and seems pretty healthy, or at least I seem to think so.  I've always loved steamed rice noodles at dim sum and this definitely reminds me of it, except the fact that it's stuffed with other kinds of goodness.  It's stuffed with minced pork, diced up mushroom, water chestnut. Yum. I really enjoyed it and it's definitely better than the ones at Irving Deli.

No comments:

Post a Comment