Sunday, October 9, 2011

Gardenia's

Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico

Occasion: After a morning of Dolphin Swimming in the Marina, our group split up. Some went a couple went parasailing, a couple went jetskiing and our group decided to go eat! After an hour of walking in the heat and searching for this hole in the wall place, we finally found it. 09.11.11

IMG_7131
IMG_7136
Fish Ceviche
So freaking good and fresh. This is what I've been craving for. Ceviche soaked in flavorful lime juice, salsa, cilantro and topped with avocado.  I like how they gave us packages of tortilla chips.  I topped each chip off with some ceviche and enjoyed each bite. There were three of us and it was definitely more than enough for us!! YUM!
IMG_7132
Chicken Quesadilla
Delicious.  The chicken was shredded and very tender.  To my surprise, it wasn't dry at all and very flavorful.  The gooey warm cheese definitely made it better.  It's a simple creation, but it was absolutely amazing!
IMG_7133
Nopales Taco
Yes, I had a cactus taco. When I saw it on the menu, I just knew I had to order it.  I'm in Mexico, I need to eat something that was true to the Mexian roots.  It was really good and very flavorful.  The texture of the cooked cactus reminded of green beans.  It was a nice to finally be able to know what cactus actually tastes like, especially because it's so talked about in the food scene and on the food network.  I enjoyed it and would eat it again!
IMG_7134
IMG_7138
Shrimp Tacos
Before and after.  They serve it to you with just the fried shrimp on the tortilla so that we could add our toppings on it the way we like it.  The batter on it was perfect, not too thick and fried to the perfect golden brown.  It was flavorful and just plain delicious.
IMG_7135
IMG_7137
Fish tacos
What I've been waiting for the whole trip; some bombdiggity scrumplicious fish tacos.  At last, I've found it.  Totally worth the somewhat journey.  I was so happy that we finally found a place that and delicious tacos.  Hands down best taco through out our whole trip.  Not only were they good, they were also reasonably cheap.  Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment