Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pane E Vino

1715 Union Street
San Francisco, CA 94123

Occasion: Friday date night with my boo! Forgot my camera, so pictures taken from an IPHONE. 10.07.11

FUSILLI CON MELANZANE E SCAMORZA
Corkscrew pasta, smoked mozzarella, eggplant, garlic and tomato sauce
I was trying to decide between this dish and the PENNETTE ALLA BOSCAIOLA.  The waiter convinced me to get this one and I am so happy I did.  I really really liked the flavors of everything meshed together.  The tomato sauce added a tangy flavor to it and the mushy texture and flavor of the eggplant was amazing.  I find pasta to be really heavy usually, but not here.  It's delicious and filling without making you feel like you've inhaled a pound of grease. Well done!
PAPPARDELLE ALLA CONTADINA
Wide egg pasta with chicken and porcini mushrooms in a light tomato cream sauce
This was delicious as well.  I love the wide egg pasta and the light tomato cream sauce.  Unlike the entree above, it was not as tangy, but more sweet. The flavors were all there and it was a winner.  He liked his dish so much we ordered one to go for his brother (and he loved it too). He liked it better than the corkscrew pasta and I liked the corkscrew pasta better than this one.  But both were amazing.  I've really been craving Italian food a lot lately.


TIRAMISU
Layers of mascarpone cream & espresso dipped ladyfingers 
One of my favorite desserts and I'd have to admit that it's pretty good here.  I like that the lady fingers are not too soggy.  Though I could do with less rum, I still enjoyed it.  He on the other was not a fan.  He just doesn't like tiramisu cake.  I wanted to pinpoint what it was that he specifically didn't like.  It's definitely not the mascarpone cheese because he liked that.  I'm not sure if it's the lady finger or the rum flavor on the lady finger.  Anyhow, I tried and so did he.  Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment