Sunday, October 23, 2011

Tommaso's

1042 Kearny St
San Francisco, CA 94133

Occasion: Dinner with Henry, his sister and Phil.  It was a nice sunny Wednesday and we decided to eat here.  Ever since dining at Tony's, I was craving Italian food.  I figured since it was a Wednesday and we get off right around the time the restaurant opens that it be good to come here on a weekday rather than a weekend because I've been here twice on a Saturday and the wait is at least an hour.  They don't take reservations and it's based on a first come first serve basis.  09.28.11

Clams in a red sauce on Toasted French Bread
Freaking delicious.  A plate full of aromatic flavors.  I loved that there were generous amounts of clams and baby clams.  There were a lot of minced garlic and basil thrown in there.  Oh and the tomato sauce is amazing, sweet and tangy and not greasy at all.  The french bread was soaked in the red sauce and super flavorful.  It was our favorite dish and I would definitely recommend anyone who loves shellfish to get this appetizer to start with.

Stuffed Manicotti w/ Meat Balls and Ricotta Cheese
I thought it was pretty good, not my favorite since the other  dishes out shined it.  The guys didn't enjoy it as much because they're not big on cheese, especially Phil.  Though I didn't think the ricotta cheese were overbearing, others did.  I actually thought the ricotta cheese added a bit of a sweetness to the dish.  It's a classic Italian dish that I've only had less than a handful of times because when it comes to pasta dishes, I usually go for something with noodles, instead of this pasta roll.
Linguine with Prawns, Scallops, Clams, Fresh Tomatoes, Basil and Garlic (Spicy)
We all enjoy seafood so we all enjoyed it.  I loved the variety of spices and ingredients in the dish.  Ingredients were fresh and the combination of flavors were very refreshing.  Though it was spicy, it wasn't too much for me.  I loved this seafood pasta dish.
Large pizza half arugula, goat cheese and fig and the other half with pepperoni sausage and mushroom
The meaty pizza was the guy's pick and us females chose the special with arugula, goat cheese and figs.  The balance of sweet and savory balanced very well.  It's unique and not your classic pizza, but I still enjoyed it.  The sausage on the other half was super delicious and flavorful, so that was good too. Crust was nice and thin and both were delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment