Sunday, October 30, 2011

Luce

888 Howard St
San Francisco, CA 94103

Occasion: Celebrating Amy's 26th Birthday. 10.21.11

**1 Michelin Star 2011**


IMG_7974
Our Menu for the night
Since we had a group of 12 girls, we had to choose from a pre fixed menu.  I wish it wasn't that way, but I understand.
IMG_7983
Pan Roasted Sea Scallops
with licorice, fennel in a tomato broth 
This was Sophia's choice for her first course, but she let me try a little piece.  It was decent, but not the best I've had.  I think the tomato broth brings out the seafood flavor of the scallops.  Not what I'd expect from a Michelin Star restaurant
IMG_7984
Artisan Foie Gras “Chaud et Froid” 
Rhubarb, Walnuts, Brioche 
This was my choice for my first entree.  I like how the foie gras was prepared two ways: torchon and seared.  The seared foie gras was good, but not the best I've had.  The tart rhubarb complemented both the rich seared and torchon foie gras really well and I really enjoyed it.
IMG_8000
Herb Roasted Lamb Loin with crispy pork belly, baby carrots, turnips and roasted garlic
I wish the lamb was not as cooked, I like it medium rare.  The veggies however were delicious.  Crunchy fresh baby carrots and turnips. Yum.  The pork belly was tender and rich in flavor, it wasn't bad at all.
IMG_8030
Chocolate Truffle Cake
Chocolate cake hazelnut truffle and Vanilla ice cream 
I usually do not order chocolate cake or chocolate souffle, but the waiter recommended it so I opted for this over the pumpkin creme brulee.  I just about cleaned this bowl clean.  The warm chocolate cake was fluffy, warm and delicious.  The inside was oozing out with truffle that was absolutely tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment