Friday, October 21, 2011

Bakesale Betty's

5098 Telegraph Ave
Oakland, CA 94609

Occasion: Woke up and spontaneously  decided to head over to Oakland to grab us some chicken sandwiches.  We love this place! 09.24.11

Chicken Sandwich with a lemonade slushie
I don't know why my coworker says their chicken is dry because I don't think so!  I was actually afraid it'd be dry the first time, but because it was juicy and moist considering it was fried chicken, it made me a fan.  Even if you thought the fried chicken was dry, the cole slaw actually adds a little bit of moisture to the sandwich.  If you like your coleslaw with mayonnaise, be prepared to be disappointed because it is made with some kind of delicious vinaigrette dressing. The lemonade slushie drink is absolutely delicious.  It probably would have gone better with the sandwich if it were a hot summer day, but it wasn't.
Gingersnaps
Seriously the best I've ever had.  There were little sweet and spicy chunks of chewy ginger with each bite, which I thought was amazing.  The texture of the cookie was fantastic.  Crispy outside with a super chewy inside.  It's amazing and so unforgettable.  My next trip, I'm ordering a dozen of these.  They're really something to rave about!

No comments:

Post a Comment