Monday, October 24, 2011

Bucca Di Beppo

855 Howard St
San Francisco, CA 94103

Occasion: Celebrating Lincoln's Bday Party of 17.  It was a family affair! 09.30.11.

IMG_7803
Seafood Trio Platter 
Shrimp Scampi, mussels marinara and fried calamari served with spicy marinara dipping sauce.
Nice appetizer before we start our meal.  Shrimp scampi was super flavorful.  That was the most memorable thing on this platter.
IMG_7802
Chopped Antipasto Salad
Diced pepperoni, red onions, pepperoncini peppers, cucumbers, provolone, feta and Gorgonzola cheeses, tossed with our fresh lettuce blend in our signature Italian vinaigrette.
 Refreshing salad that we all enjoyed.  We had some people in our party who are lactose intolerant, so they were limited in what they could eat.  This salad was so universal that even those who had food limitations could enjoy it. With the heavy meal ahead of us, I'm glad we were able to stuff our stomachs with some healthy greens.
IMG_7809
Linguine Frutti di Mare
Shrimp, baby clams, mussels and calamari tossed with spicy red clam sauce and imported Italian linguine.
I was expecting a lot from this dish, due to the fact that it was super hyped up by a certain someone.  In the past couple of weeks, I've had some bomb diggity Italian food and I was afraid that it wouldn't be comparable.  And to my expectations, it wasn't comparable at all.  Tony's and Tommaso's pasta dishes are definitely at another level.  I thought the Linguine Frutti di Mare was actually quite bland and dry.  Not that much sauce and just disappointing.  I love my pasta drenched in chunky tomato sauce, but unfortunately it was not the case here.
IMG_7807
Spaghetti with Meatballs
Our famous half-pound, mouth-watering meatballs smothered in homemade marinara sauce on a bed of imported Italian spaghetti.
This was a favorite amongst the kids.  I got to try a little bit of it and the meatball was of course not comparable to the one we had at Tony's (which seriously has the best meatball in town).  It was decent, but I've had better.
IMG_7810
Penne Arrabiata
Spicy Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in a zesty marinara sauce with imported Italian penne pasta.
My favorite type of pasta is penne pasta, so I was happy about this dish.  I thought this dish was better than the Linguine Fruitti di Mare becasuse 1) it had flavor 2) it was drenched in sauce 3) I love the Italian sausage.  The Italian sausage added a little bit of heat and flavor to it and made it very enjoyable.  This dish went fast.  I guess everyone else enjoyed it too.
IMG_7839
Spicy Chicken Rigatoni
tender chicken breast sautéed with garlic and red pepper, tossed with peas, a spicy rosa sauce and imported Italian rigatoni pasta.
This was my favorite thing we ordered. I love the spicy rosa sauce with the rigatoni pasta.  It was the most flavorful dish out of everything.  I love tubed pastas and chicken in it, so this was a win for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment