Friday, October 28, 2011

Pane E Vino

1715 Union St
San Francisco, CA 94123

Occasion: Dinner before NWM 2011. I was advised from some marathon runners that pasta the night before a marathon is good for you, so I took their advice and got pasta from here again. 10.15.11

PENNETTE ALLA BOSCAIOLA
Pasta tubes with pancetta, mushrooms in a light creamy tomato sauce
Last time I came here, which was just the week before, I was torn between this dish and the corkscrew pasta with eggplant.  I wanted to try something different this time and got this, since it's something I wanted to try.  I love love love penne pasta.  I'm not sure why, but maybe because it's a tubed pasta.  Anyhow, I thought this was delicious.  Tomato sauce with a hint of creaminess makes it less tangy.  The pancetta added a rich salty flavor to it, almost like a bacon bit.  So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment