Thursday, October 27, 2011

Umami Burger

2184 Union St
San Francisco, CA 94123

Occasion: Saturday lunch with Henry's siblings +1. I found out that they were opening one in SF and knew that I had to come here. We passed by it the night before after dinner at Pane E Vino about 5 blocks up and checked to see how the wait was. Since it wasn't too bad, we had made arrangements for all of us to have lunch there on Saturday, and so we did. My wish from my last LA Umami Burger post came true and they really did open one up north. YAY!  We came out with a full stomach and smiles on our faces. 10.08.11


Our condiments: house made ketchup, dijon mustard, garlic aoili, ghost pepper something?, jalepeno ranch. 
The ketchup was delicious with a slight sweetness, the dijon mustard reminded me of wasabi, garlic aoli was not garlicy enough, the ghost pepper was very very very spicy and the jalepeno ranch was pretty darn good.
Truffle fries and Regular cut fries(on their special menu)
Truffle fries for the cheese eaters and regular fries for Vinson, who doesn't like cheese at all.
Truffle fries were freaking delicious.  The gooey, rich flavor of the truffle topped on the fries were divine.  I dipped my fries into each of the 5 dressings they had.  I liked it best with the ketchup.

Cheesy Tater Tots (on their special menu)
Brings back those high school cafeteria moments.  I love anything made with potato and because these little things are made with it, I loved it.  These tater tots were filled with cheese, but don't worry it's not too overwhelming.  Outsides were slightly crisped and I loved dipping them into the ketchup.

Nadine's Diet Coke
My Ginger Beer
Henry's Mexican Coke
Ginger beer is freaking awesome!! It's just like ginger soda without the carbonation. YUM!

Truffle Burger
Marvin and I both got the truffle burger.  It was absolutely delicious.  I might have had a little too much truffles since we had truffle cheese fries earlier.  The burger was juicy, flavorful and delicious.  It's simple, but very satisfying.  Dip it with some of their home made ketchup and it's amazing.  Some may have a difference in opinion with the ketchup, but I really enjoyed it.
Umami Burger
This is what Henry ordered.  I thought it was a good balance of flavor and though the burger wasn't as juicy as the truffle, it was still good.  There was a fried piece of cheese in there that added a crunchy texture to each bite.  Oh and the mushrooms definitely added a plus for me.  Their buns are uniquely amazing as they are fluffy and sweet.  We were told that the buns are dipped in honey and milk for the delicious sweet taste.  It's also very nicely presented with their logo stamped on top of each burger.
Truffle Burger
Split open.

 
Ice cream sandwich with chocolate ice cream and chocolate cookies
I was so full I only tried a tiny piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment