Thursday, July 8, 2010

Horizon Restaurant and Lounge

498 Broadway
San Francisco, CA 94133

Occasion: Thursday Happy hour with the besty and Hugo. 5.20.10. We came here looking for snack like foods. None of us were extremely hungry and did not want anything too filling. We had no clue Happy Hour lasted all night, so we ordered from the happy hour menu and a salad from the regular dinner menu.

Crab cake
Petite crab cake with mesclun mix topped with a lemon vinaigrette
From what I can recall, it was pretty good. I liked the citrusy vinaigrette drizzled on top. Crab meat was tasty and flavorful. The skin was fried to a good golden brown.


Loaded tater tots
tater tots topped with cheese, sourcream, bacon bits garnished with chopped green onions
Tater tots always bring back childhood memories, well for me it does. I love tater tots..it's simple and it reminds me of potato hash but in a cubey ball like form. I've never had it topped with cheese, sour cream and bacon bits before and it was delicious. It's very rich in flavor, so I got full off of it really quickly. It's definitely a guys type of snack. I enjoyed it but I can't have too much of it. Thank goodness for the salad to help balance out this artery clogging snack!
Beer Battered Calamari
Shrimp, green beans with a citrus ponzu sauce and a sweet chili sauce
You can't really go wrong with fried calamari. I like the the pieces with the tentacles. It looked like there was a lot but as we were eating I found a bed of lettuce under it. Deceiving it was, but I didn't complain. I liked dipping it into the sweet chili sauce rather than the ponzu sauce, which was too overpowering in flavor.





Pear, Pomegranate, Prosciutto Salad
D’Anjou pears, pomegranate, prosciutto, butter lettuce, blood orange vinaigrette
Probably my favorite dish of the evening. It was exactly what I wanted that night. I wanted something light, yet tasty. The savory taste of the prosciutto went very well with the sweet crunchy pear. Though I did not taste nor see any pomegranate, I wonder why it was part of the ingredients list. It was a very light and refreshing dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment